PRIOR TO THE GAME:
- Players with any colds or coughs or any symptoms of COVID-19 should be asked follow advice set out by the government and the NHS and not to play.
- Please do not overcrowd the Pro Shop
- Please pay using contactless where possible
- Locker rooms will remain open to allow players to wash hands before and after play. However, we recommend the changing of shoes in the car park.
ADVICE FOR GOLFERS ON THE GOLF COURSE:
- Use social distancing (2 metres rule) on tee grounds, greens and throughout the round
- Always leave the flag in the hole.
- All cups will be above the hole
- All bunker rakes will be removed from the course and bunkers are preferred lies
- All golf ball cleaners are to be removed. golfers are advised to wipe their own golf balls on their towel.
- Airlines for cleaning shoes following the round will be closed.
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up
- Do not share any equipment, such as golf clubs or rangefinders
- Don’t shake hands before or after your game
AFTER THE GAME:
- Please do not swap scorecards after play
- Please wash hands before re-entering the clubhouse.
- Use sanitiser provided around the Clubhouse.
- Reduce physical contact through greater space between seating in the clubhouse if possible
As mentioned we will be following all advice from the government, WHO and the NHS to ensure our practices are up to date and as efficient as possible. We will also be cleaning all areas frequently that people would generally touch with their hands including counters, worktops, handrails and door handles.
We understand this is a worrying time for everyone however we would like to make everyone feel welcome here at East Herts and encourage people to play golf as it is a very low risk activity that has many health benefits. Please do check our emails for any updates should the situation change.