What to Wear
The Golf Course, Putting Green & Practice Areas
- Recognised golf shoes – trainers are not permitted
- Shirts should be recognised golfing attire and must be tucked into trousers or shorts – vest style, sleeveless or slogan tee shirts are not permitted
- ¾ length trousers other than Plus2s or Plus4s are not permitted
- Tailored shorts of a respectable length – combat/cargo shorts, football shorts etc are not permitted.
- White socks must be worn when wearing shorts
- Headwear must be worn in the appropriate way – wearing of caps ‘back to front’ are not permitted
- Trousers must not be tucked into socks (unless worn under waterproof trousers)
As above, with the following exceptions:
- Sleeveless shirts and shirts that are specifically designed and shaped to be worn outside of trousers/skirts
- Calf length trousers
The default dress code for the Clubhouse is Smart Casual which is defined as:
- Gentlemen: Open necked collared shirt, tailored trousers or slacks, with optional sweater. Shirts should be tucked in unless tailored with a straight cut.
- Ladies: Smart clothing.
Smart Casual wear is required in the Lounge Bar and Dining Rooms after 7.00 pm.
Golfing attire in accordance with the above rules may be worn (but not in the Bar Lounge and Dining Room after 7.00 pm) with the following exceptions:
- Golfers whose clothes have been soiled by the weather and/or course conditions should preferably change their clothing before going into the bar areas, although soiled clothing may be worn in the Centenary Bar only.
- Gentlemen may wear shirts (other than golf shirts) outside of their trousers/shorts provided they are designed to be worn in this manner – the Club’s decision on whether shirts are so designed is final
- Gentlemen may wear shoes, sandals and open toed shoes without socks – trainers, plimsolls or flip-flops are not permitted
- Outdoor clothing (overcoats, raincoats, headgear, etc is not permitted)
- Golf shoes
- When not in golfing attire members, their guests and visitors are required to wear smart, clean clothing – blue denim jeans, tracksuits are not permitted